July 18, 2012

What is the best age to learn to swim?

What is the best age to learn to swim?  I think the better question is, when is the best time to learn to swim?

Many people wait for the Summer months to learn to swim.  What about the rest of the year?  If you don't take your child to swim during the rest of the year, your child will forget what they have learned!


Parents say, "My child was swimming last year!"  Learn to swim and keep on practicing during the year.  Go to a pool at least one a month and you be your child's teacher!  There is always more to learn.


I think that swimming starts from the baby's first bath!  I bought my baby grandson a swim neck ring and he loved it.  I still held him a little but he had so much more freedom of movement than when you are holding him.  Here we are in a Jacuzzi, perfect for babies learning to swim!  Have you ever heard of the swim neck ring?  It is not very popular in the USA.

This article and video from the BBC describe that any age is a good time to learn to swim and that there are so many benefits to learning how to swim!  20% of adults don't know how to swim.  The article shows babies learning to swim and some seniors learning to swim and be safe in the water.  The best time to learn to swim is as young as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I want to hear your experiences and I promise to answer your questions and concerns!