July 6, 2012

How to put your baby under the water for the first time!

Mommy and daddy have been pouring water on my face every time they give me a bath.  Lately I noticed that they must be using a bigger cup or something because I'm having to hold my breath a longer time!

I loved the first time we went in the pool, even though the water was cold at first!  Mommy held me and I played with my bath toys and she poured water on my face just like in the tub.  I also practiced floating on my back, but I don't like that!! 

 They put my legs into a floaty and I liked the feeling of not being held but only for a little while.  I like it better when they play with me.
I love going to the pool but was so surprised when I found myself under the water!  What was that!  I choked for a second.  Wow!  Now I had to be more careful of what was going on.  Were they going to do that again?



This time I heard the signal for the water - I didn't hear it before!  I was ready when I was put under the water but I still sputtered some.  I guess I better learn to like it if it's going to keep on happening.  What she's going to put me under ten times!  Wow!  I'm getting so good now, I can tell, and am ready!

Soon she is gliding me to her.  I could see her under there!  How cool is that!





I like kicking and digging, splashing with my arms and legs and especially splashing my mimi in the face because she makes funny noises and blows bubbles when I do that.
I'm getting used to it now.  Wait, she's holding me under the water longer now and I want to breathe but I know that I can't.  I guess that I'll have to get used to that too.  
My daddy is a little bit nervous about me going under water but he loves me so much and wants me to be water safe.  He wants me to love the water and swim like he does.
Oh but this is fun, I see my daddy and I'm swimming to him now!
Is this what it's all about?



What else can I learn?





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I want to hear your experiences and I promise to answer your questions and concerns!